11 Rules to Master Our Own Emotions
Sometimes we feel overwhelmed by our own feelings, don’t we? Everyone does! It is not easy to know what we are feeling every day. For example, we may feel really confused, sad, or angry without realizing why.
That is not unusual. In fact, everyone experiences these sudden and mysterious emotions. These feelings are difficult to recognize since the person experiencing them is not aware they have them. True feelings are immensely complicated.
They are a part of our everyday lives and influence us on a day-to-day basis. They drive our actions and decisions. They force us to engage in conflict and solve our problems. These feelings may seem complex, but they follow certain rules.
If you know the rules, you will be able to manage your emotions healthily explains Psych Central.
11 Rules Your Emotions Follow
1. You don’t choose your feelings because they originate from the part of the brain that isn’t under your control.
2. Emotions don’t follow a moral code. They are neither right nor wrong, bad or good. They are just emotions.
3. You are responsible for your own emotions.
4. You can repress your emotions but you can’t get rid of them.
5. Emotions can lead you astray or down the right path. It all depends on your actions.
6. The more you ignore them, the stronger they become.
7. The only way to deal with emotions is to allow yourself to feel them.
8. Your emotions fuel your thoughts. You can use these thoughts to manage your emotions.
9. You have to understand your emotions, their meanings, and what they are trying to tell you so that you will be able to deal with the pressure. In other words, you must process your feelings.
10. Every emotion holds a valuable message. This message can help you understand yourself, even the part of you that you are trying to hide. So, honor yourself and accept all the emotions bubbling up inside and let yourself feel them.
11. The same way your parents treated your emotions is the way you treat your own emotions right now. In other words, as you were growing up so did your emotions. They grew and developed, becoming deeper and more influential.
Those exact feelings have been trying to get out for a very long time. As you can see, these feelings don’t just appear and disappear. They have roots, and these roots have a meaning.
They may not be straightforward or easy to understand, but they can give you some answers.
If you want to know more about your emotions, we suggest you know these rules. Knowing and acknowledging them can help you avoid misunderstandings and mistakes that could potentially hurt someone.
This may be difficult for some people to accept, but if you do, you can change your life for the better. Also, it is important that you never neglect your emotions. Try to understand them and find the source of the problem.
Sometimes the source can be quite old. Well, that doesn’t mean you should give up or bury the problem. On the contrary, you should do everything you can to solve that particular problem and fill in the gaps.