45 Inspiring Life Lessons We Should All Know
So much of life is wasted on pain, regret, worry, and heartache. Even though some of it is necessary and inevitable, a more substantial part is probably not. Still, we spend years and years of our life sweating over things we shouldn’t sweat about.
But, that’s called experience, and without it, we won’t know what life lessons are. The more we experience, the more life lessons we learn.
Luckily, we can learn some valuable lessons without experiencing them. They could be passed on from family and friends, or written by great philosophers.
So, don’t wait to become old to know what’s really worthwhile and meaningful in life. Read the following life lessons that will help you grow as a person and learn what’s really important in life.
Knowing them will make you a better and happier person.
45 Life Lessons That Have Stood the Test of Time
1. Life is still a gift even though it’s not tied with a bow.
2. Dress up and show up no matter how you feel.
3. Future holds many good things for you.
4. Being envy is only a waste of time. So, be happy with what you have now.
5. Growing old is better than dying young.
6. Don’t try to change others to fulfill your needs. Instead, see if you should change yourself.
7. Don’t forget that your children have only one childhood.
8. Time can heal EVERYTHING!
9. Don’t take everything so seriously.
10. Spend some time outside every day.
11. Everything passes, no matter how good or bad it might seem to you.
12. Don’t care what others think of you.
13. What truly matters at the end is that you loved, and was loved.
14. Forgive, but don’t forget!
15. Whenever you doubt, take the next step.
16. No matter what’s happening, always choose life!
17. When something terrible happens, ask yourself “Will it matter in 5 years?”
18. Take a deep breath, today, tomorrow, always. This will calm your mind.
19. You are responsible for your own happiness.
20. Your brain is the most important organ for your libido.
21. Be eccentric once in a while.
22. Don’t save things for special occasions as each day is a special day. So, burn the candles, use the beautiful sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie.
23. Focus on things that are important to you.
24. It’s never too late to be happy.
25. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
26. Don’t buy unnecessary things.
27. Get rid of useless stuff.
28. Believe in miracles.
29. Don’t have a secret relationship.
30. Crying with someone else will help you more than crying alone.
31. Don’t compare yourself to other people.
32. Sometimes It’s ok to cry in front of your children. Hiding the tears won’t prevent you from upsetting them.
33. Don’t let past mess up your future.
34. There’s no point resisting chocolate.
35. Life is short, so enjoy it!
36. When you’re sick it’s your family and friends that will take care of you, not your job.
37. Life is always good, even if sometimes it’s not fair.
38. Surround yourself with positive people.
39. Keep looking until you find your passion in life.
40. Show your love every day! It’s the most powerful force in the world.
41. Word matter, so choose them carefully.
42. Simple is always better.
43. Stop trying to be perfect, because no one can. Plus, perfection is boring.
44. Don’t do anything because you feel guilty.
45. Seize the day!
Do you agree with these life lessons? If you have learned another one over the years, feel free to share it in the comments.