Albert Einstein – How I See the World
During most of his life, Albert Einstein moved between consciousness and matter. According to Einstein, people suffer from “an optical delusion of consciousness” because he experienced his thoughts, feelings, and himself as something that is separated from the rest.
He explained that mystery is the most amazing thing one can experience. He saw the mysterious as a source of all science and true art. People who have no emotions, and cannot wander are not alive anymore.
Albert Einstein’s Lessons
1.“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”
Here Albert wants to tell us that we should always follow our curiosity. We can learn from him that curiosity takes us in so many places.
2. “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
We should never give up when things are hard. Albert says that his persistence makes him look smarter.
3. “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
We should always be focused on the present moment. Not paying attention to what happens at the moment, we are actually losing the real feeling.
4. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life-coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
Albert teaches us that without imagination we are nothing. Being smart but having no imagination is pointless. Everything we have in this life comes from someone’s imagination.
5. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
Making mistakes means you are living and trying new things in life. When you make mistakes, you are learning something that will serve you throughout your entire life.
6. “I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.”
We should not waste our time thinking about the future because we are wasting our presence. We should always focus on what is happening now – that is life.
7. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
People should not chase success that is wrong. We should want to be valuable instead of successful. Value matters more than success.
8. “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
How can you expect a change in your life when you are doing the same thing all the time? Changes come from changes. Make a change to get a change.
9. “Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”
Here Albert wants to tell us that just reading and learning information serves us nothing if we do not have experience. The best education in life is an experience; there is no book that can teach us that.
10. “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”
Before we start doing something in our lives, we should learn the rules. When we know the rules, we can be better players and have better chances of a win.
11. “I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking.”
If we want to do something amazing, we need to think outside the box and do something odd from time to time. Doing ordinary things gives us ordinary results. When we think about things differently, we may be able to find the right answer.
12. “Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.”
Sometimes, the things that seem ridiculous to other people can lead us to success. Doing what others think is nonsense may give us something amazing.
13. “Student is not a container you have to fill but a torch you have to light up.”
Albert teaches us that we should share our knowledge with other people because we may help them achieve something in their life. Saving everything we know just for ourselves makes us selfish, we are not helping anyone.
14. “If you can’t explain it to a six-year-old, you don’t understand it yourself.”
If we make things seem complicated, we would not be able to understand their inner work. When you remind yourself of the best teachers in your life, you probably think of the teachers that made everything look simple.
15. “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.”
We are humans, and we are all the same. But, some of us have different values, and we should respect every person we know for their own value. However, we should never think of someone as if they were a god or a goddess.
And, finally, we should always follow our dreams. We need to be persistent and fight every burden that crosses our path.