10 Quotes to Remember When We Need Motivation
It’s no secret that motivation is a pretty fickle thing. Some days we have it, some days we don’t. On days when we lack passion or motivation we start wondering “what is wrong with me?”
But, that’s normal. It’s actually unrealistic to expect that you’ll be motivated every day. The sooner you realize it, the better for your wellbeing. However, this doesn’t mean that you should stop looking for motivation when you need it.
Whenever you are desperate to find some motivation, remember the following quotes. Tell these phrases to pick yourself up and your energy high.
Top 10 Motivating Quotes
1. ”Never give up on something you really want; it is difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret”
Do you want to look at a storybook full of regrets when you get old? Don’t you think it’s better to go for every dream and give this life you’re all? Life is now, and you have everything you need to live it the best you can.
Don’t ever give up the things that make you feel happy and alive. And, know that you matter, so don’t let anyone make you feel differently.
2. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always become a better version of yourself.” – Madonna
Don’t be disappointed about not being as successful as you want – there’s always room for progress. Never stop trying to improve yourself and rise above your self-imposed limits. It may take time and effort, but it’s worth it.
Be proud of yourself if you are trying to become a better version of yourself every day. You are strong, and you know what you want!
3. “A man who conquers himself is greater than one who conquers a thousand men in battle.” – Buddha
Believe it or not, you are the biggest obstacle in your life. Listening to the voices in your head which try to make you sad and disappointed can make you your worst critic. But, if you want to succeed in life, you have to learn how to become your own best friend.
4. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow.” – Robert Tew
There are many struggles in life that you can’t avoid. But, you can keep working towards what you want and be persistent. If you always get what you want so easily, it won’t feel so rewarding, don’t you think?
5. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Stop looking for answers everywhere around you. You have all the answers you need inside you if you just believe in yourself. You can achieve everything as long as you set your mind to. You are not defined by your past or future – it’s the present that matters.
6. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
You can bring you a lot of surprises, good or bad. But, you shouldn’t let them define you or reduce your potential. On the contrary, use them as a lesson and your obstacles as opportunities to prove your worth.
7. “My goal is not to be better than anybody else, but to be better than I used to be.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Don’t compare yourself to anyone but the person you look at in the mirror. It’s time to realize that life is not a competition. Do whatever it takes to reach your goals but don’t feel bad if someone else succeeds faster than you. Time doesn’t matter; it’s the journey that matters!
8. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
Don’t spend your one and only life trying to please others and meet their expectations. You will never be happy if you live that way. Know your needs and desires and pursue your goals and dreams. Only in that way, your life will have meaning!
9. “If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.”
Stop asking for permission to chase your dreams and be happy. It’s your responsibility to become the best version of yourself and you shouldn’t let anyone stand in your way.
10. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
Just imagine, what you want to do right now? No matter the answer or age, you can! Do whatever makes you feel alive and don’t care what other people might say. It’s not your life, after all, it’s yours. Be one of those ordinary people who do extraordinary stuff!