10 Inspiring Quotes to Be a More Thankful Person
Our ambition can be both – a blessing and a curse. It is a double-edged sword that while aiming for greatness, can also make us forget to slow down and feel the magic of every moment.
We have the luck to be the only sentient beings on the planet with the ability to not only see the flaming sky at dawn and the rushing ravine, to taste the wide range of nature’s great flavors, and feel the warmth of love, but to also stop and admire the beauties in our lives and remember that moment for the rest of our lives.
As soon as we open our eyes and realize we’re surrounded by all kinds of gifts for which we should be thankful, we’ll feel the beauty and power that’s within the world and us as human beings.
So, take a moment just to stop and stare at the unique diversity that’s all around you. Appreciate how far the human being has come, and be excited about everything that the future holds.
Here are ten excellent, inspiring quotes that will help you realize you are truly blessed to have so many things in your life that you might not be aware of.
10 Most Inspiring Quotes to Be a More Thankful Person
1. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”
– Marcus Tullius Cicero
2. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
– G.K. Chesterton
3. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
– Oprah Winfrey
4. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.”
– Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr
5. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
– Charles Dickens
6. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.”
– Willie Nelson
7. “We need to learn to want what we have, not to have what we want, in order to get stable and steady happiness.”
– Dalai Lama
8. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.”
– Eckhart Tolle
9. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
– William Arthur Ward
10. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.”
– John F. Kennedy