10 Reasons to Forgive Someone Who Hurt Us
We all have that one person who’ve hurt us the most and we’re still thinking about it. They could be the last person we’ve expected to betray us or hurt us in any way, but they still did it.
Although we want to forgive and move on, we feel burdened by the whole situation so we just can’t let go.
But, not forgiving means continuing to feel miserable. It means blaming them for what they did weeks, months, or even years ago. In that way, we blame them for our unhappiness and pain and refusing to take responsibility for our own life.
Forgiving is hard, but it’s worth it in the end. It’s not about giving them a free pass, but about moving on from the emotional trauma that has been haunting us for long.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider forgiving the person who has hurt you the most.
10 Reasons to Forgive
1. Remember that we are all humans, and every human being makes mistakes. Just think about it, maybe you have done something that has hurt someone without even realizing it. So, have you?
2. If you hold on the feelings such as anger, your life will be filled with sadness, frustration, and pain. So, let go of the pain and forgive to make your life more fulfilling.
3. Suppressing your emotions and withholding forgiveness can make you more sensitive and hurt than you want. And, it will create an unnecessary drama in your life.
4. If you don’t forgive the person who was once very important for you, you will be stuck in the past. You’ll go through the same unpleasant event, again and again, thus keeping the anger in your life.
5. Just think…Do you like to be forgiven for your mistakes?
6. It’s better to be the person who forgives and forgets, than the person who holds grudges.
7. If you are stuck in the past when that painful event happened, you’ll never be able to move on to something better in life. Not forgiving means keeping negative feelings related to that painful event to yourself.
So, don’t focus on the bad things in life – think about the good ones.
8. If the person who’ve hurt you the most is someone you used to love (or still love), they must have something good in them that attracted you in the first place. No one is 100 percent bad, so remind yourself of their qualities and that will help you forgive them more easily.
9. Forgiving means peace of mind, and who doesn’t want it?
10. The truth is, everyone is responsible for their own happiness. People don’t exist to make you happy. You have to focus more on the positive and ignore the negative, no matter what others do.
We hope this article will help you realize that sometimes it’s better to forgive and move on than being stuck in the past with the same pain in your chest. At the end of the day, everyone deserves a second chance, right?