Garlic May Be 100 Times More Effective Than Common Antibiotics, Study Suggests
Everything’s more delicious with garlic! Add it to your meals and side dishes and your kitchen will smell wonderful for days. But, garlic is more than just a flavor-booster. It’s probably one of the healthiest ingredients you can find in nature and your kitchen.
It provides mind-blowing, scientifically proven benefits for your body and health.
A groundbreaking study shows how effective garlic can be in protecting our health from bacteria and diseases.
Researchers focused on garlic’s effects on one of the most common bacteria called Campylobacter. This bacteria causes food-borne illnesses that cause abdominal pain, fever, and diarrhea.
But, garlic was powerful enough to destroy this bacteria a hundred times more effectively than erythromycin and ciprofloxacin – common antibiotics. In other words, garlic turned out to be the most powerful antibiotic. Isn’t that amazing?
Garlic Is Rich in Nutrients and Low in Calories
Garlic is a good source of many essential nutrients, like manganese, vitamin C, vitamin B6, fiber, and selenium. It also contains trace amounts of copper, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B1, and iron.
Other Reasons Why Garlic Is Healthier Than You Can Imagine
- It boosts the immune system – garlic stimulates the immune cells and improves the efficacy of your immune system. And, you definitely need a strong immune system to stay out of hospitals.
- It reduces the severity of colds and flu – research shows that supplementation with garlic extract may significantly reduce the number of days you are sick.
- It helps lower blood pressure levels – according to a study, garlic can help reduce blood pressure levels as effectively as the common blood pressure medication Atenolol.
- It detoxes heavy metals from your body – garlic can help lower the amount of toxic heavy metals in the blood, says research. Namely, it helped participants to get rid of headaches and other symptoms of toxicity.
- It helps lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases – a study shows that garlic supplements can help lower total and bad cholesterol levels, thus cutting the risk of heart disease.
- It helps prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s – the powerful antioxidants found in garlic help protect against oxidative damage that contributes to age-related mental conditions like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- It increases longevity – the fact that garlic can help fight dangerous infectious diseases and influence risk factors like blood pressure means it can help you live longer.
- It can help improve your athletic performance – did you know that Olympic athletes in ancient Greece took garlic to improve their performance?
- It helps to improve bone health – animal studies have found that garlic can help increase estrogen levels in females, thus minimizing bone loss.
- It helps reduce the number of tick bites
Precautions and Warnings
It’s not clear if medicinal amounts of garlic applied to the skin of breastfeeding and pregnant women are safe, so it’s best to avoid using it in such conditions, says WebMD.
Also, researchers recommend parents to avoid giving large amounts of garlic to their children, although the exact reason is still unknown.
Also, avoid garlic if you have a bleeding disorder, digestion or stomach problems, or low blood pressure.