Natural Spray to Get Rid of Cockroaches, Mosquitoes, and Flies
To eliminate cockroaches from your house, you need to do more than just spraying an insecticide or placing a bait. These little pests multiply rapidly, get into everything, and can survive for two weeks without water and up to several months without food.
So, cockroaches definitely pose a challenge.
But, the worst part is that they could carry many diseases due to their contact with debris and human blood. It’s the same with mosquitoes.
These blood-sucking insects transmit diseases between animals and people as well. Also, they are as annoying as cockroaches, so you must put an extra effort to get rid of them for good.
On the other hand, when it comes to flies, they are probably the most annoying insect on the planet. So, who doesn’t want to get rid of them?
Nowadays, numerous types of insecticides promise to get rid of cockroaches, mosquitoes, and other insects.
However, the problem with them is that they contain harsh chemicals which could harm your health. They could also cause severe environmental problems.
How to Get Rid of Them for Good Without Using Chemicals
Instead of calling an exterminator and paying for a service which will fill your house with toxic chemicals, you can eliminate these insects by yourself, without using any chemicals.
You need only a few natural ingredients to make a DIY spray that will get rid of roaches and mosquitoes in just a few hours.
How to Make Natural Spray to Eliminate Insects
Here’s everything you need to know to make this natural spray that will solve your problem with the insects in your home. All ingredients are easily available, and inexpensive.
- Vinegar – ½ a cup
- Olive oil (or any other oil) – ½ a cup
- A standard shampoo – ½ a cup
All you have to do to make this spray is pouring the vinegar, olive oil, and shampoo in a spray bottle and shake well. Then, spray the mixture in places where you usually see these insects, or in areas where you expect to find them.
Since the spray is made of safe ingredients that don’t pose a threat to your health, it’s safe to use around children and pets. You’ll see the first results in just a couple of hours.
Try it out, and you’ll never buy another toxic insecticide again.
Killing these bugs is not going to solve the problem. You need to make sure they will never come back again by doing simple things like:
- freezing scrap food overnight before throwing it in the garbage to remove their source of food
- separate damp cardboard out of your garbage as cockroaches love it
- keep your kitchen neat and clean
- eliminate standing water sources from your home, as mosquitos love them
- plant marigold plant in your garden to keep mosquitos away from your house
- store food in sealed containers
- clean and empty kitchen cabinets
- try to eat in one area of your home instead of eating in your kitchen, living room, or bedroom
- empty pet containers before going to bed each night
- keep garbage cans covered and clean as much as possible